I rarely do work in progress posts, probably because until fairly recently I was a serial quilter. I might have had 3 or 4 projects in various stages of completion —planning, piecing, quilting, binding. And now I found myself weighed down with a mounting number of WIP’s.
Bonnie was over this morning to sew and I had 4 things on my to do list.
I finished the last block for my Shelburne Falls string quilt; 48 blocks done and now need to be sewn into rows.
I had pieced these blocks from a Sidewalks 10″ stacker on the weekend. Block tutorial from Allison Harris at Cluck Cluck Sew. I finished sewing them together for a little baby quilt.
I had a binding to make and a backing to piece but didn’t get those done. Still, progress was made. So what does my WIP list look like?
1. Shelburne Falls string quilt – layout and stitch blocks into rows
2. Pastel Reflections – to be quilted
3. Vintage Baby Quilt – to be quilted
4. Creatures & Critters Quilt – binding
5. Mini-charms placemats & tablerunner – binding
6. Bijoux quilt – prepare back and take to long-arm quilter
7. Think Positive – prepare back and take to long-arm quilter
8. Sidewalks – prepare back and take to long-arm quilter
9. City Sampler quilt – in progress
And I think that’s all I’ll admit to here. My goal is to finish 8 of these projects by the end of the year (City Sampler can wait until January) Thanks goodness the OMQG is having their first sew-in on Sunday … maybe I can knock a few things off the list by the end of the weekend!