Who can resist one the most recent patterns by Elizabeth Hartman! Bjorn Bear is an easy project that requires no paper piecing. We used this project and took it one step further and made a beautiful project bag. Very useful for all quilters, this bag is big enough to contain your quilting project and notions when you are on the go.
Instructor — Marie-Claire Charette
Skill level — beyond beginner
When — Saturday October 13, 10 to 4:30 pm
Supplies (save 10% on supplies purchased in store)
- Bjorn Bear pattern
- Fabric required to make one Bjorn Bear block (refer to pattern p.9-10)
- Fabric and fusible web for optional eye glasses appliqué (pattern p.17)
For the bag —
- 20x20 batting (soft and stable if you want a more rigid bag OR regular batting which was used for the sample)
- 20x20 backing fabric (this fabric will be seen through the vinyl window)
- 1 yard of background fabric (for framing the Bear and back window, the handle, and binding)
1/4 yard Pellon 987F
- 15x15 vinyl
- 18in zipper (I used a bag zipper but a regular one is fine)
About the instructor — Marie-Claire Charette is known as La Quilting Coach. A bilingual teacher, her journey began by teaching quilting and bag making in a store in Ottawa 5 years ago. Since then, she has created patterns, writes newsletters on her recent discoveries in the quilting world on her website, travels to quilting conventions to stay current, organizes retreats and gives courses in different venues. Her interest is mainly to share her passion by teaching how to make practical accessories, basic and more advanced quilting techniques and how to use scraps so that participants can unleash their creativity through sewing and quilting.