From Emmaline bags, this pattern is the next level up on a simple zipper pouch, offering a wide base and wide opening which stays open for easy access. Use as a sewing project bag, a knitting bag, a makeup bag, or toiletry bag, the possibilities are endless and we are certain that once you have made it once, you will want to make it again and again!
Thursday December 7th
This pattern is available in two sizes. The approximate finished sizes are:
- Small: Length 8 1/2" Height 5" Width 4"
- Large: Length 11" Height 6 1/2" Width 7 1/4".
This class is suitable for a beginner who is confident with using a sewing machine.
Required Materials (Large size requirements in parenthesis):
- The Retreat Bag pattern, downloadable for free when you submit your email address from Emmaline Bags available here (please note the pattern is currently free but may become chargeable at a later date by Emmaline bags)
- 1 FQ (1/2 yd) Exterior fabric (quilting cotton)
- 1/2 yd (3/4 yd) Lining fabric (quilting cotton)
- 1 yd 20" for small size or 1 1/2 yd for large interfacing (we recommend Pellon 911F or SF101)
- 25" x 8" (1/2 yd) Pellon Fusible Fleece Thermolam plus
- (2) Internal wireframes Style A (Style B),
- (1) 22"closed-end nylon zipper
- (1) spool coordinating thread
We have specially curated kits available and the kit makes 2 retreat bags. The kits include all the supplies you will need for class, however tools are not included and must be purchased separately.
Dec 2 10:15-1:30 Supplies included - including pattern By registering you are agreeing to our class policies
The ultimate learn to quilt class. You will learn rotary cutting and basic sewing skills to make a quilt top. You will also learn how to prepare your quilt for...
The Lucky Penny Wallet is a simple, slim wallet that has been designed for sewing with cork fabric, vinyl, or kraft-tex. It only requires a small amount of material. This...
🧵 Embrace Your Creative Flow: Join us for a Day of Unstructured Sewing on PFAFF Machines at Mad About Patchwork! ☕️🪡Calling all sewing enthusiasts and fabric aficionados! Get ready for...