November 10, 2015
In the last week of October we showcased seven modern quilts from renowned quilt bloggers inspired by Denyse Schmidt’s Modern Quilts, Traditional Inspirations book. The trunk show inspired us to throw out a Modern Solids challenge to all our customers. It’s easy peasy to participate, online or in the shop.
• Start with a Modern Solids mini charm pack and a Denyse Schmidt fat quarte
• Make a 14″ x 16″ placemat using some or all of the charms (you can add a background fabric if desired
• Back with the fat quarter, quilt and bin
• Return your completed place mat to Mad About Patchwork by January 31, 2016 (mail in or drop off) and receive a $5 gift certificate for the shop
• Placemats will be displayed online and in the shop in February 2016
• Voting will take place for viewer favourites, and prizes will be awarded to first and second place winners at the end of February
• All placemats will be donated to Meals on Wheels Ottawa
Prizes: $50 gift certificate (1st) and $25 gift certificate (2nd)
I hope to see your placemat on display in February!
March 05, 2016
Jan's placemat was the favourite in our challenge, and she's the winner of a $50 gift certificate. Our runner up is Esther, and she's won a $25 gift certificate.
February 25, 2016
It's been a while since the last post (November!) Lots going on in the store and on the website which have kept me busy.
November 26, 2015
December 1 is the day where I really seriously start to think about Christmas. It’s not procrastination, just that I don’t really feel the holiday groove until the calendar shows December.